VAC Motorsports Harmonic Crank Damper (M50/M52/M54)
£759.00 – £1,019.00
VAC Motorsports’ Harmonic Crank Damper for the BMW M50, M52 and M54 engines. This damper saves engines from phantom resonant vibrations, particularly found in vehicles with lightweight flywheel setups and especially in longer stroke versions of these engines (particularly the M54B30). The standard rubber damper is also well known for failure – VAC’s is not.
VAC’s damper setup centres around the industry-revered ATI Super Damper, which VAC have engineered into a completely bolt-on solution for the M5X. These dampers eliminate nearly all unstable crankshaft harmonic vibration which allows the engine to produce more horsepower and torque, maintain reliability and ensure internal engine wear in minimised.
Choose from including a front trigger wheel (required for M50/M52 engines with front-mounted crankshaft position sensor) and whether to include an air conditioning drive pulley.
- VAC’s ATI Super Dampers exceed SFI 18.1 Safety Certification and are approved for competition use
- Made in the USA
- Eliminates problems with inline 6s fitted with lightweight clutch and flywheel assemblies
- Controls destructive harmonic forces
- Reduces bearing wear, accessory failure and oil pump failure
- Includes lightweight VAC billet crankshaft pulley
Please note that all kits come finished in black.