VAC Motorsports Harmonic Crank Damper (S50B30)
£1,065.00 – £1,325.00
VAC Motorsports’ Harmonic Crank Damper for the BMW S50B30 Euro engine. This damper saves engines from phantom resonant vibrations, particularly found in vehicles with lightweight flywheel setups. The standard rubber damper is also well known for failure – VAC’s is not.
VAC’s damper setup centres around the industry-revered ATI Super Damper, which VAC have engineered into a completely bolt-on solution for the S50B30. These dampers eliminate nearly all unstable crankshaft harmonic vibration which allows the engine to produce more horsepower and torque, maintain reliability and ensure internal engine wear in minimised.
Available with standard diameter crankshaft pulley or underdrive for reduced parasitic loss (or for increased belt grip for supercharged cars). Underdrive crank pulley not recommended for use with underdriven accessory pulleys. Includes trigger wheel for crankshaft position sensor as well as timing marker and locking tab for ease of engine maintenance.
- VAC’s ATI Super Dampers exceed SFI 18.1 Safety Certification and are approved for competition use
- Made in the USA
- Eliminates problems with inline 6s fitted with lightweight clutch and flywheel assemblies
- Controls destructive harmonic forces
- Reduces bearing wear, accessory failure and oil pump failure
- Includes lightweight VAC billet crankshaft pulley
Please note that all kits come finished in black. Standard size crankshaft pulley is compatible with air conditioning.