There are few customers of ours that are as dedicated to being on track as Dave Horam, with a fleet that includes E30, E36 M3, E46 M3 and E92 M3 variants of the 3 Series/M3. The E46 M3 had an engine build from us a couple of years ago, and this time it was the E36 M3’s turn.
This particular car is one that we’ve been providing parts for for quite some time. The entire rear end has been upgraded with the full Millway Motorsport catalogue, meaning everything is solidly mounted with uniballs instead of bushes – a ‘kinematic’ rear end. It also features Nitron coilovers, big brakes up front, a welded-in roll cage, and not a lot else. A superb lightweight track car. For years the engine has been standard, and despite it going extremely well, we found heavily scored bores and numerous other issues when removing the head for a simple head gasket job – Dave decided to go all out.
HE S50B32. 3246cc, 12.7:1 compression ratio.
- Fully blueprinted and balanced, with machine work by Hack Engineering Machine Shop
- JE Pistons 87mm, 12.5:1 pistons
- SP Components forged con-rods
- ACL Race Main Bearings
- ACL Race Big End Bearings
- Dynamically balanced crankshaft
- All new Genuine BMW chains and guides
- ARP head stud kit
- Cometic head gasket
- Schrick 296-degree, 12.4mm lift camshafts
- VAC Motorsports valve guides
- Optimised valve seats
- DKM MB clutch/flywheel kit
- Heat-wrapped exhaust manifolds
- Autoworx exhaust system
- Karbonius Race Airbox
- SCS Delta 600 standalone ECU
- Pierburg S54 Oil Pump
- VAC Motorsports Oil Pump Upgrade Kit
- Hack Engineering Oil Cooler Thermostat Delete
- Mocal oil cooler with Jtech lines
- Fully rebuilt Vanos unit using Beisan Systems components, with custom-machined Vanos limiters
- VAC Motorsports Billet Oil Filter Lid
- SPA Design oil temp/pressure gauge
- AEM UEGO AFR gauge
The result is an E36 M3 with pace like no other on track. One of our favourite customer builds and one that is only going to get better!