Workshop Journal: David’s S65B44 Stroker Build
Building customer’s dream engines is our speciality here at Hack Engineering, and when David approached us with his requests, we were very happy to help. Due to a cracked original block, he already knew that a new block was going to be required, and why not go all out to create one of the ultimate normally aspirated S65 engines? Though beginning with a block in unusable condition, we worked on a recipe to give David the engine he longed for.
- VAC Motorsports S65 Stroker Kit (12.5:1 JE Pistons, 82.7mm Arrow crankshaft, Arrow con-rods)
- ACL Big End Bearings
- Brand new BMW block
- Cylinder heads overhauled by Hack Engineering Machine Shop
- Schrick 292-degree Camshaft Set
- Schrick Uprated Valve Spring Set
- Cometic head gaskets
- KED Oil Cooler Thermostat Delete
- VAC Motorsports Sump Baffle
- All components balanced and blueprinted
- CSF Race-Spec Oil Cooler
- CSF Triple-Pass Radiator
- Karbonius Intake System
- NGK LKR8AP Spark Plugs
- Fuel injectors cleaned and tested via ASNU machinery
The result? An S65 that means business.
It was then time to install it into the car ahead of running in and mapping at Chipwizards.