Workshop Journal: Gareth’s F83 M4Ben Koflach
Across the many customers that come through our doors, there is generally a theme – the hunger for more horsepower, and this was certainly the case with Gareth and his F83 M4.
Gareth’s car has had a couple of visits to us – with it already running an Evolve Stage 2 package, it was our mission (at first) to make further upgrades to make the most of the power on tap.
This included Hel Performance braided brake lines and EBC Bluestuff brake pads, along with a Forge Motorsport carbon fibre induction kit and a 3.5″ single midpipe exhaust to improve sound. We also fitted a KED Crank Hub Capture Plate and a set of our chargepipes as vital reliability upgrades.
Fast forward just a few weeks and Gareth had the bug for more, approaching us with a big list of parts to supply and fit in the hunt for 600+bhp. The car was stripped and over the course of three days, was transformed into a monster.
The full recipe is now:
- Forge Motorsport Carbon Fibre Induction Kit
- Hack Engineering High-Flow Turbo Inlets
- Hack Engineering Chargepipe Set
- Hack Engineering Chargecooler
- NGK 97506 spark plugs
- Evolve Automotive catless downpipes (see our catless downpipes here)
- 3.5″ single midpipe exhaust (with KED Chassis Brace)
- Littco L640 hybrid turbos
- CSF Chargecooler Radiator
- CSF DCT Cooler
- KED Crank Bolt Capture Plate
All that remains is a mapping session back at Evolve – we can’t wait to see what this recipe produces on the dyno.